Saturday 30 July 2011

Pico de la Zarza

29.7.2011. Pico de la Zarza (Mount Jandia) 807m 5 hours. 18km. Jandia Peninsula, Jandia National Park (Fuerteventura)

I stayed in Caleta de Fuste and got the first bus to Morro Jable at 9.30 which took 1 hour & 15 mins. The only downside to this was that by the time I hit the summit it was the back of 12 and I felt battered by the sun. I’m sure heat exhaustion began to set in. Occasionally clouds covered the sun, which was very welcome in the 30 degree heat. Followed the signs onto the broad volcanic shoulder and then followed the path before a steep ascent to the summit & an inversion. I returned the same way.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Ptarmigan November Meet (Callander)

(6.11.2016) Ben Vane & Ben Ledi, 23km. 7hrs. 1,067m ascent Ptarmigan November Meet high tea was at the Lade Inn, just outside Callande...